Preston Primary School
Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) Support Worker
Salary: Grade G currently £12.95 to £14.38 per hour
Hours: 32.50 hours per week: 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Monday to Friday during term time (times include a 30-minute unpaid lunchbreak).
Are you passionate about supporting children with SEMH needs? Are you looking for a new challenge? If the answer is yes, this may be an exciting opportunity for you!
Preston Primary School is seeking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated and resilient SEMH worker to join our experienced and committed team. This is a new role which will involve the successful post- holder having responsibility for:
- Promoting awareness of the needs of children, particularly those with social, emotional and mental health needs;
- Acting as a mentor to staff and children in school focusing on developing a provision to better meet pupils’ social, emotional and mental health needs;
- Providing nurture, guidance and support for targeted children in order to enable them to achieve.
- Working in partnership with families of targeted children to provide guidance and support both in school and at home.
Preston Primary is part of Coast Academies, a Multi Academy Trust in the beautiful coastal area of Torbay. You will find us to be a school that is:
- A happy place for staff and children
- Busy, with a great ethos
- Innovative and forward thinking
Our vision: 'An outstanding coastal school, known for an innovative curriculum that delivers excellent outcomes for children'.
You are welcome to make an appointment to come and have a look around the school to meet the children and staff. Please contact the School office on 01803 607075 or email email@example.com to arrange a convenient appointment.
Please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website: www.coastacademies.org.uk for further information and a downloadable application form.
Completed application forms to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9.00 a.m. on Monday 17 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.