COCKINGTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
PPA AND CLASS COVER LEAD
PERMANENT AND FIXED TERM POSITIONS
Base: Cockington Primary School, Old Mill Road, Torquay.
Post: Permanent and Fixed Term (Level 4) PPA and Class Cover Lead Roles
Salary: Grade F – £16,685 -£18,421per annum (FTE £22,183 - £24,491)
Hours: 32.50 hours per week: Monday to Friday during term time which includes a 30-minute unpaid lunchbreak.
Cockington Primary has several PPA and class cover lead positions available to commence as soon as possible. There are both permanent and fixed term roles available.
Each post will be based within a year group team of three classes where your primary responsibility will be to deliver the teachers’ PPA and professional development sessions by teaching whole classes. In addition to this, you will be covering teacher absence in the team if required and leading interventions for groups of children in English or Maths to help the children to catch up in key skills. We are very proud of our curriculum at Cockington and think this role offers the opportunity to develop teaching across a variety of subjects, but with the support of a close-knit team. Most lessons will be planned for you by the team, although you will also be given the flexibility and PPA time needed to plan a wider subject or two that you teach regularly.
This post would suit:
- HLTAs who have L4 qualifications and/or experience of teaching whole classes.
- Qualified teachers who are looking for a team-based position in a primary school, but with shorter working hours than a traditional class teacher post.
- Newly or recently qualified teachers who would like more class-based experience before becoming a class teacher.
We can offer you a school where:
- respect and care for each other is at the heart of our decisions and interactions
- we work in teams of caring individuals, keen to do their best for the children and look after each other in these difficult times
- we are all committed to providing children with rich and varied learning experiences as part of an exciting, meaningful curriculum
- we believe that all of us are on a learning journey and put time and effort into providing staff with opportunities for development and research
- we are part of a Multi-Academy Trust of 3 local schools, which offers great opportunities for further positions and career development
We are looking for people who share our principles of respect, positivity and aiming high.
Normally we would invite interested applicants into school to meet the staff and children. At the moment this isn’t possible, but you are very welcome to have a phone conversation with a member of our leadership team to find out more about the post. Please ring 01803 214100 or email email@example.com to arrange for a member of SLT to call you back for an informal discussion.
How to apply:
Please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website: www.coastacademies.org.uk for further information and a downloadable application form. Completed application forms to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9.00 a.m. on Thursday 03 December 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.