Salary: L 14 to 18
Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Position based in Torbay, South Devon - easily accessible via new South Devon Highway. Required for September 2019.
Coast Academies, a Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to recruit an inspiring Head of School for Cockington Primary School, in Torquay, South Devon. The successful candidate will take a lead role in developing the quality of teaching and learning and will be fully supported in this role by our Senior Executive Team and the Trust’s Central Business Team.
As Head of School, you will need to have:
- The experience and ability to lead, inspire and challenge a skilled and committed staff team to deliver outstanding outcomes for children;
- The ability to develop systems and structures that will ensure that this large school runs in the most efficient way for the benefit of pupils, staff and the wider community;
- Outstanding teaching skills underpinned by a thorough and up to date knowledge of evidence based teaching strategies;
- A determination to learn from and to share, good practice across the Trust and the wider educational community;
- Commitment to promoting the vision and values of the school so that all feel valued as individuals and can contribute to the wider community;
- A successful record as a senior leader and who is skilful in managing change with a proven track record of improving outcomes for children;
Coast Academies is an aspirational and growing organisation currently comprising of three large primary schools situated in the beautiful coastal location of Torbay, South Devon. We offer you:
- The chance to make a real difference within a popular, caring and happy school which is currently on a journey of improvement;
- An experienced, supportive and capable Senior Leadership Team;
- Robust encouragement and support from the wider Trust who aim to free you up to focus on the bits that really matter;
- Clear values that inspire our pupils to achieve and succeed;
- The chance to be part of a vibrant educational community;
- Pupils with positive attitudes to learning who are hardworking and proud to attend their school.
Click the links below to view and download further information about and application form. Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9.00 a.m. on Monday 25 February 2019.
The selection process will be held over two days - Thursday 14 March and Friday 15 March 2019.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs J Drew, HR Manager on 01803 217866 to arrange a convenient appointment or email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory preemployment checks including an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and Teacher Prohibition checks.