Aims and Values
Achieving Excellence Together
Coast Academies brings together schools who share values such as collaboration, creative thinking and respect. Schools impart these values in the context of a broad, rich curriculum designed to create real purpose for learning. As a result youngsters are well motivated and eager to share their high quality work with parents and the community at our regular outcome events. Schools also value the outdoor classroom and have strong links with their local communities. Our high expectations are set within a caring and nurturing culture; coupled with a belief that we are all learners.
Our non negotiables are:
- A commitment to a culture of lifelong learning for all.
- A relentless pursuit of excellence in all aspects of school life.
- A purposeful curriculum, which is unique and reflects the school's geographical and cultural identity with strong links to the community and the outdoors.
- Strong emotional and pastoral care for all young people.
- Robust systems for monitoring important areas of school life such as health and safety, safeguarding and the quality of teaching and learning.
- Successful partnerships with parents and families.
Who is who?
Executive Head of Eden Park/Preston and CEO of Coast Academies.
Ken has been a primary school Headteacher for 15 years with a track record of driving change impacting on successful school improvement.
In Essex, Ken dramatically improved pupil outcomes and OFSTED judgements in two schools before leading an amalgamation in Devon, moving an intensive support school to Good. He has recently led significant improvements at a school in a “Requires Improvement” category resulting in improved outcomes, a strong staff team and a positive outlook for the imminent OFSTED. Ken is the founder member of Coast Academies and has driven the formation supported by strong leadership and forward thinking governance.
Head of School at Eden Park Primary School
As a senior leader and deputy head, Ian has played a central role in improving three schools to good or outstanding, two of them having been in a category. Ian has a proven record of impacting directly on pupil outcomes in both the short and long term. As Head of School, he has created an amazing atmosphere that seems to get the best from all.
Head of School at Preston Primary School
Scott was previously Head of School at an outstanding primary school. He has had a significant impact at Preston and his high standards and passion for education have resulted in great success for the school.